Xenon High Intensity Discharge forward lighting lamp.
Discharge automotive bulb is filled with a mixture of xenon gas and metal-halide salts. The light is created by striking an arc between the two electrodes. The lamp requires an electronic starter for quick ignition and electronic ballast for functioning.
Benefits of GE Discharge lamps
- Better visibility and illumination- the light emitted provides the driver with many benefits. It assists the human eye and allows better visibility and improved hazard awareness, allowing the driver to navigate poor driving conditions with increased confidence and with less fatigue.
- Greater illuminated area on the road.
- Lower power consumption – 35W only instead of 55W (ordinary halogen lamp power consumption).
- Better durability – excellent vibration and shock resistance giving significantly greater reliability.
- Optically advantageous whiter light compared to halogen lamps designed to give a colour that is closer to natural daylight